An unforgettable opportunity to explore your Greek heritage
Heritage Greece 2016
June 9 -26
Application deadline is now closed
Heritage Greece 2016 is an unforgettable journey to Greece tailored to connect students with their Greek identity and roots through a cultural immersion experience! The program was developed by the National Hellenic Society and is hosted by The American College of Greece (ACG).
Heritage Greece is a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore Greek heritage, culture and identity with a peer group of students from the US and Greece. The program is a gift from the NHS to the participants. Students bear a portion of the airfare costs to and from Athens, while expenses including tuition, transportation, meals and related costs are borne by the NHS.
- Enrolled undergraduate college students of Greek-American descent*
- Ages 18-26
- Never or seldom been to Greece
- GPA of 3.0 or above
* Greek American descent is defined as having one or more parents, grandparents or great grandparents born in Greece.
How to Apply:
To be considered for admission to the NHS Heritage Greece program, you need to apply through the ACG’s website. Please provide all of the following documents*:
- Completed online application
- Completed and signed Insurance Waiver Form
- Completed and signed Medical History Form
- Copy of US passport or B) Copies of US passport application and government issued identification card (e.g. driver’s license)
- Official university transcript, with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Copy of insurance card and certification of medical coverage in Greece
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, clergy, or community leader submitted online
*Documents 2-6 should be scanned and e-mailed to email@example.com
Application package deadline:
All above documents must be received by March 25, 2016 in order for applicants to be considered for admission to Heritage Greece 2016. Application deadline is now closed. Selected applicants will be contacted by the American College of Greece in the next few weeks. For additional application information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.